Friday, April 07, 2006

In The Evening

It was just me and the world. No one else. And there it was, blocking the night sky. Its unheralded majesty unparalleled, towering over me, dwarfing me, yet it might as well be a million miles away; the power, the glory, spread before me like a sumptuous banquet of light.
The thunderhead moved silently to the east. I stood impassively in the field, a voyeur impervious to the terror it certainly wreaked upon the ground beneath it, a terra cowering and trembling under its mighty breath, groaning under the onslaught.
Not a sound. Only triumphant explosions of brilliance cascading throughout the belly of this beast.
I stood safe. Protected. This vision a gift, reminding me how close we stand to constant peril. Choice, the all important stake you drive into the ground with a vengeance.
It’s a new day rising. I’ve chosen to walk it like I talk it, be it instead of think it, and for now I reap the bounty, privy to all that’s beautiful as well as dangerous. The mystery less with each passing day.
I can hear the beating of wings, feel the soft touch of hands reassuring me, guiding my every step.
I walk on gilded splinters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home