Sunday, December 25, 2005

Branded

Today there is a void that grows larger with each day passed. And I am hungry. And he is gone. And all that clung to him as a moth to flame is spread across the four corners and beyond. And I am alone.
He left too soon.
And I miss him.
And the void leaves me hoping. Hoping that I can continue to carry the torch he bore, the torch he bravely accepted and passed to me upon his departure.
Now my teacher is gone.
And I miss him.
I am alone. The weight of responsibility more than I knew could possibly be. But I’ve steadily applied, and I strive. I pursue the excellence of his brand.
Here I stand. Naked. And no one in this world is gonna help me any more.
I understand this.
And that’s okay.
I walk on, unable to accept anything less than what I was challenged to be.
Problem is, that fucker didn’t leave me any instructions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home