Wednesday, August 18, 2004

The Bestest of the Best and The Worstest of the Worstester

The Very Best

His reaction to what I’d conjured was the best compliment that I could ever ask for. Ever.
As I sat on the couch listening to the playback, a strange noise came from over my shoulder. When I turned there the singer/songwriter sat, boo hooing like a baby; big crocodile tears flowing down his face.
Told me all I needed to know.
The best.

The Absolute Worst

I’d made a decision a few days ago to never leave the den, the relative safety of the couch, as over the course of a few days we’d managed to keep all of Mercury at bay while we remained secluded and safe, joy filled even.
I made a terrible error in judgment. I ventured outside. Snarls of traffic. Horrific spaghetti knots. No exit. No turnaround. Miles and miles of hateful non.Turmoil. Waste. Filleted to the gills and left to rot.
The worst.

In Totem

All up in it. Neck deep. Within a short time span, I’d experienced both sides of today’s coin. The bestest of the best, and the worstest of the worstester.
I am a better man for it. I am a lucky man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home