Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Springtime for Hitler

I sit here today with about twenty-seven cents to my name. I got a quarter tank of gas. A few groceries. Not a job on the books for at least another couple of months. Yet I sit here today with nary a ripple in my fabric, not a bone rattled. And there’s damn good reason, too...
I am living a dream come to life, you see? One many years in the making. Right in front of my very eyes, in my beating heart, in every step I take, in every friend I make, my dreams are becoming my reality. It’s springtime again.
I allowed myself to be swept downstream, surrendering all, continually tossed and pummeled by an indifferent white water current. Much of what I endured I wouldn’t wish upon another living creature. And when truly committed to the process I was unexpectedly and unceremoniously kissed by a foul-breathed demon. But I survived that, too, if nothing else only to see what was possible. A better, stronger man am I for having survived, made to understand all too clearly my purpose, while layer by layer by deliciously agonizing layer of useless, bloodless skin was carved away. Scars from this epic stand off are mine. Ones I wear proudly on this field of battle, especially on this day, a day when I can literally smell victory.
As a result potentially many lives will be touched, many prayers shall be answered; sunshine to a cloudy day; water for the thirsting, food for the hungry, nourishment which balms a troubled soul. And hope. Above all, there will exist hope and faith in a better day.
And to think ...I was chosen.
Long time comin’; worth every drop of fevered sweat, every silent, soul crushing moment when I stood beneath a blood moon, patiently waiting for answers, the only one alive on the face of the earth.
It's springtime again. Flowers are blooming. Birds are chirping. Dogs are barking. Breezes are blowing. The air is fresh. The sky is blue. ‘Tis the moment to shine. And shine is just what I’m gonna do, goose-stepping into town while the devil in the calico dress weeps openly at her dismal failure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home