Monday, March 16, 2009

Sat. March 15th, '09

Hopped over to Boo’s to put the finishing touches to “Belony Canampra: A Trilogy in Arf Minor”, my and Bela's opera. We did a bit more work than I’d planned, but all mix notes that’d been stuck in my head for some time got done. Sounds otherworldly. Amazing that me and my dog would collaborate on a song! Hard to believe...
Managed to scoot by Enchiladas Y Mas, where an infamous family recipe for tex-mex enchiladas holds court. Place was seriously bustling. I got lucky, seated almost immediately, and yeah, the Comida Regular was slammin’!
Went over to Billy Harvey’s crib and listened to Duckee’s new recordings on his boom box. Boy did a masterful job. Tracks sound great, lotsa personality in a subdued framework. Art, plain and simple. Happy to have taken part in these sessions. Came home, listened to it on headphones. Even better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home