Saturday, July 17, 2004

The flesh the flesh the flesh the flesh the flesh

I felt the urge. It was overwhelming. Opportunity knocked. I opened the door. And there it was... there I was...
I am weak. I am human. I gave in. Despite vehement inner protestations, the reptile I’m trying to dismantle had its way one more time. Like being presented with a full on, all you can eat buffet, I dove in like a starving piglet.
Afterwards, even though tingling from head to toe, I questioned my judgment, chastizing myself over the process. The allure of flesh is one thing, the choices contained therein quite another. And it is the choice that makes all the difference, something I’m learning the hard way, hardhead that I am.
Immediate, mindless gratification ain’t where it’s at ultimately. Flirting with Pandora’s box at the same time was the icing on my ill fated cake. Flesh rending harpies were thankfully kept to a minimum courtesy of some last minute clarity, backpedaling as I did like a crawfish to get out of harm’s way.
I did a bad bad thing. My life won’t come to a screeching halt because of my unscrupulous actions, but I know better, dagnabit. I did a bad bad thing. I am stupido. Shame shame shame.
My heart beats strong. My dick is at parade rest. Love will keep me together. This I know. Surreptisiously, I’m casting nets. Love is all I need. All I need is love. Bring on the love.
This man has been a long time in the makin’. He’s almost ready, warts and all.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home