Wednesday, June 17, 2009

6.16.09

Days are turning into nights as the quiet and the cool of evenings in Austin are eminently preferable. Bela's frustrated, but father knows best. Got back on a health regimen involving ingesting all sorts of green powders. By mid afternoon my body was humming. The least I can do for a body who's seen its fair share of rock and roll over the years. Tomato plants are growing growing growing. Can't wait to begin harvesting the Better Boys. Met an age old friend, Craloix, at the best Cajun food restaurant in town, Evangeline Cafe, where he treated me to a splendiferous, belated, b'day dinner. We noshed on Oysters Contraband for a starter and I had my normal, chicken and sausage gumbo. Incredible dark roux. And couldn't resist the praline stuffed pistolette, either! A girl was waiting on us who looked like a real Cajun. Short. Dark. Swarthy. Mysterious. When I asked her where she was from she replied, "Nepal." Not the answer I was expecting. You've herd the expression before, "a person's eyes are glittering." In my entire life I've never witnessed such a phenomenon, until today, that is. This woman's eyes literally were glittering. And when she smiled her nose wrinkled. How cute. Did my usual, napped from 8pm until 11pm, then got on with my "day". Worked all night on a new short story that took an unexpected turn (don't they always?!). Took a break to go to HEB and stock up on some fruits and vegetables. Love grocery shopping after 2am. No one is in there. Perfect. Finished the story around half 4. Celebrated with a few glasses of vino rosa, then watched Family Guy on Hulu. Dig their unique brand of sick and twisted. Two things I'll always remember about Bela. when I return to the truck, she's always delighted to see me, especially if I stop short and say, "there's a big black dog in the back of that truck." and when I reach in through the window to scratch her chest, she sits up and grabs my arm with her paw. Uber cute! And I love when she sleeps on her side she will cross her back legs. Such style, such personality she has! Hit the sack with a vengeance before daylight. Done. -dony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home