Saturday, October 02, 2004

Zizz

Even as darkness overtakes this world, I still find reasons to smile.
Here in the south there isn’t anything more pleasing to the ear than the screel of cicadas at dusk. Nothing. I lay in the grass and submerse in the sound that washes over me in undulating sonic waves; nature giving me hope, giving me peace and tranquility where mankind only looks to plow me under, spit me out, crushed underfoot as if I never existed in the first place, or worse, wasn’t needed.
Ah, the simple pleasures which nature provides. Ones that cost not a dime. Ones that most don’t take the time to recognize as the world spins faster causing their human counterparts to lose their precarious balance and fall headfirst, tumbling into a empty maw of blank nothingness.
Screel on, little bugs. Zizz to your heart’s content. Your simplicity moves me while man and all his accomplishments pale; our progress only digging our graves deeper and faster than we can comprehend, nor want to. We as a race don’t even take the time to ponder what is all around us, refusing to even acknowledge or take responsibility for our folly and all the while their sound grows dim, dampened by the roar of man’s progress.
Mankind is lost
Lie down on the earth and feel the vibration. Learn from it. Respect it. Leave the world of man behind as that journey is the key to truth and awareness, giving you insight into our real purpose whilst here. Embrace the gift we've been given before it’s too late. Grasp our responsibility to that which supports us.
Verily I say unto you... stop, look, and listen, or die missing the point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home